Pages

I have a "perfect for me" husband that balances me so well and keeps me grounded. Where I struggle, he exceeds. We are fun, sarcastic, and have big dreams. I hope this blog is a way that our family and friends can stay in the loop with what's going on in our world.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!

So Tuesday was my birthday and it was wonderful.  First of all I was given a gift from Chase.  He was sneaky of course...I was checking my mail and there was bills, bills, and more bills and then there was a folded piece of paper, so I opened it and this is what I saw....
So I had to study this for a minute but I soon discovered that we are spending Fourth of July in VEGAS!!  I was beside myself.  For everyone that doesn't know the last Vegas story here it is... Chase has been to Vegas a few times but my first time was Christmas break for Chase's graduation.  I was so excited and he was as excited for me to be going for the first time.  Now this was before Christmas and I had told my parents that I wanted a video camera for Christmas but I wanted it before the Vegas trip so they gave it to me before we left.  They got me an awesome camera/video camera that is small and it was perfect.  I took like 150 pictures and videos of fountain shows at the Bellagio, a concert in the Venetian, gorgeous pictures from the Hoover Dam, etc.  I got home and was filming some Christmas activities and I had a warning come up on my screen and it asked me FORMAT SD CARD yes?  no? and I said yes because I didn't know what it meant and BOOM....GONE.....EVERYTHING ERASED!!!  That's right...every single picture and video was erased.  I was completely devastated...tears and everything.  Chase had to make me gather myself before I ruined my Christmas.  I'm also sad to say that I did that one other time a few months later.... I'm seriously not the sharpest pencil in the box.  Anyway... I WILL NOT do that again on this Vegas trip.  I will have some documented memories after spending Fourth of July in Las Vegas this year.  
Anyway...back to the birthday.  My students also threw me a birthday party at school Tuesday.  I had two cakes, cards, gifts, birthday songs... the works.  I have the best students in the world and work at the best school around.  They are precious and we had a great day.  Here is a picture of my 8th grade Algebra I students who were in charge of the party planning.  
I spent the rest of my birthday at Sacred Heart's graduation ceremony.  It was very surreal to me to be a part of that graduation ceremony in a teacher capacity but it was a beautiful ceremony and I was elated for the seniors.  We are also continuing the birthday celebration this weekend at the lake with my family.  Camping at the lake with my family is one of my favorite things in the world and I can't wait for the sun, relaxation, and catching up with the fam. Overall it was a very busy day but a great day where I felt very loved and appreciated.     By the way.....I cannot wait until VEGAS(pictures this time guaranteed)!!!  

1 comment:

  1. when are you gonna update!?!? what about your VA Beach trip ;0) love y'all

    ReplyDelete