Pages

I have a "perfect for me" husband that balances me so well and keeps me grounded. Where I struggle, he exceeds. We are fun, sarcastic, and have big dreams. I hope this blog is a way that our family and friends can stay in the loop with what's going on in our world.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

So....we're tieing the Knot (and this is how that came about)

February 12, 2011 is a day that I will never forget.  I have a terrible memory so that's another reason I've decided to start this blog.  Anyway..this day started as a semi-normal day.  I had an appointment to get a manicure and pedicure that my Sacred Heart cheerleaders bought me as a Christmas gift that morning and then I went to visit with my Daddy that afternoon.  It was typical Saturday so of course Chase was working that night.  I talked to Chase throughout the day as usual and he seemed to be doing the typical Saturday things.  Little did I know he was out and about picking up my ENGAGEMENT RING.  So anyway...later that afternoon I came home and put on my PJs and basically got into 'going to bed' mode while waiting on Chase to come home.  When he came home we talked a little and I remember us laying across the bed and talking about marriage (which we talked about often) and he was acting a little weird but I just thought he was tired.  So we decided to go watch some tv and as we were walking, he was ahead of me, and once again he had a WEIRD look on his face and he stepped up into the kitchen and got down on one knee.  Of course I'm thinking WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!  He begins saying the sweetest most heart felt things I've ever heard him say and at the end of the little spill he says "Will you marry me?"  From there this is the dialogue ..
"Are you serious?"  Me 
"Yes."     Chase 
"Are you sure?"   Me 
"Yes."     Chase
"Oh my gosh!"   Me 
"Oh my gosh!"  Me 
"Are you serious?"   Me 
"Well get up!!"   Me 
"Paige, you have to say yes"  Chase 
"Oh...YES!!"   Me 
Now I didn't continue to ask if he was serious because I wasn't sure, it was because this had been a day I had thought about sooo much and I just couldn't believe it was actually happening.  I was so excited and my ring was sooo gorgeous.  It was perfect, it would have been exactly what I would have picked out, and I loved it.  From there I cried and then started sending text messages and calling family and friends (even though it was about 11:30).  I talked to Daddy first and then Mama...of course she was asleep and crazy but when she discovered what had just happened she was excited.  Now if you would have asked me before I would have said Mama and Daddy would have been the ones that cried when they found out but no.....low and behold my siblings....Lord have mercy...they never cease to amaze me.  They cried....alot.  They both just kept saying things like 'I can't believe my sister is getting married'.  So anyway... it was a  night I hope to never forget and unfortunately we have no pictures because I told Chase right after that if I would known I was going to get proposed to then I would have looked a little better...because it would have not been a pretty picture.  So that's the story of the totally SHOCKING proposal.  I will end with a note to self:  Take a picture even though you look terrible....because let's be honest Paige..you've looked worse in pictures that you've been in and actually printed and put in albums....and by the way these posts will pretty much NEVER be this long again..

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard the proposal before now and it is so sweet.I love it see you this weekend

    ReplyDelete