Pages

I have a "perfect for me" husband that balances me so well and keeps me grounded. Where I struggle, he exceeds. We are fun, sarcastic, and have big dreams. I hope this blog is a way that our family and friends can stay in the loop with what's going on in our world.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Who...What...When..and Where

So our wedding is officially 156 days away and I'm getting soooo excited, even though I have a million things to do and a million more things to buy and get organized.  I thought I would give you a little run down of the who, what, when, and where.  Well you know the WHO...and you know the WHAT....and the when is October 22, 2011.  And yes, this is the day that Alabama plays Tennessee BUT the golf course assures me they will have the TVs tuned in so we can keep up with the game.  I had to work around Ross's SENIOR football season and this was his only open weekend.  So on October 21, Friday we will have the rehearsal at Silver Lakes and then head to the rehearsal dinner which is at the JSU Alumni House. 

 The dinner will actually be around back in a large pavilion.  I am as excited about the rehearsal dinner as the wedding.  My family is doing the dinner and we are just going to party the night away as we anxiously await the WEDDING.  As for the wedding, the ceremony and reception is being held at Silver Lakes Golf Course in Gadsden, Alabama.  Silver Lakes is a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course and it is breathtaking.  
The ceremony will be outside and the reception will be held in the clubhouse.  Unfortunately, Silver Lakes was hit hard by the recent tornado.  We are hoping everything is back to normal by the wedding.  Read about that here.. http://www.rtjgolf.com/news/110429.htm.  Everyone is working long hours to try and get the golf course back in working condition.  

Out of town guests:  We have hotel rooms reserved at the Hampton Inn in Gadsden.  This hotel is about ten miles from Silver Lakes so we hope this is convenient for everyone.  The wedding weekend happens to be the same weekend as the race in Talladega so hotel accommodations are hard to come by so PLEASE reserve your rooms ASAP.  When you call to reserve tell them you are with the Cotney/Scott wedding.  
Here is the link that includes the phone number and all the information.  http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=GADALHX

After the wedding...we are unfortunately going back to work.  As a school teacher, my Fall Break is the week before the wedding which is great but I also know me and I would be overly stressed and panicked if I had to plan for a substitute teacher for an entire week after a break and giving that Chase is in sales, breaks are not extremely beneficial.  So we have decided to go on a honeymoon over Christmas break.  This will give us more time to plan for the trip and neither of us will be as worried about leaving our jobs unattended.    As of right now this is what we are thinking for a honeymoon destination even though nothing is set in stone as of now.... 

That's right!  New York at Christmas!  Chase has never been to NY and I would LOOOVE to go back.  I narrowed it down to two places that I would love to go...San Francisco and New York and he chose New York.  We haven't booked anything yet but I've always wanted to see the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center and there are so many things in NY that I think everyone should see at least once in there lifetime.  If this ends up being the winner then I think this will be a trip we will never forget....and it'll probably be because we will have never been so COLD!!   


1 comment:

  1. I think New York at Christmas and for a honeymoon is a GREAT idea!!

    ReplyDelete